Thursday, November 15, 2007

Vagabond

It's my night off. For some reason I wasn't scheduled tonight and I wouldn't mind as long as I had something to do, somewhere to go, but I don't. I was hanging out with my roommate who I'm lucky enough to get along with but they just left for the bars. The only reason I'm looking forward to turning 21 is the social aspect of going out. At 20 there is only really one place I can think of to go for a similar effect... my job. I don't wanna be one of the guys who has a night off so he goes into work to hang out, if I'm there I wanna be working.
I stayed an extra three hours at my campus job yesterday because 1) they had a lot that needed to be done and 2) I had no where else to go. I wasn't thinking about the extra hours or money, just the break from boredom. I work to take a break, how pathetic.

I'm hoping that this next semester I can work enough on campus that I wont have to work every night at the club. I need a night off once in a while, a weekend night, a night where I can go out and relax.

I've been going back looking through my old photos, the ones I took before I moved. The rose; beautiful, delicate, and once full of life. The rusted metal; dead, hard, cold. Yet in the photos they are similar; textures, shadows, curves, content. I never put much meaning behind my photos.