Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Sour

The sweet is never as sweet without the sour.

Maybe it's my Karma, if I even believe in such a thing. Maybe everything is preordained and what happens is meant to happen. Or maybe I just like to make excuses for my own shortcomings and fuck-ups. I'm probably right with that last one.

I took that photo over a year ago and it's still one of my favorites. I remember that afternoon. It was as black as night due to the storm and I rushed from work to catch then ending. I got to my favorite photo spot overlooking the marsh and there it was. There is no sweet without sour. Had the storm not come I would have never seen what I did that afternoon. My storm has come again but I'm not worried. Things may be dark, dreary, and even depressing now, but storms end and sometimes what comes out of the storm can be beautiful. There is no sweet without sour.