Thursday, October 11, 2007

adios myspace, hola deer

I deleted my MySpace account about a month ago already. It feels so good to be free again. I haven't once missed it not that I really should, I never really used it anyways. It sounds stupid but deleting it felt kind of liberating.

A while back one of the regulars at work told me that she tried finding me on MySpace, I felt a bit weirded out. I don't know why.

I'm keeping facebook around because it is more school orientated. But, as soon as people are start making there own templates and comprising their page backgrounds with .gif images that cause brain aneurysms, I'm out

Last night's tedious drive home was mentally stimulating. As I was traveling roughly 70mph I came within 4 feet of hitting a deer and it got me thinking. Had I hit that deer at 70mph I would have likely lost control of my car and in turn my life. Every moment up to that point where I zipped by this animal I was unknowingly making life and death decisions. It's the butterfly effect, not the shitty movie, but the actual theory. My mind kept running through the past 45 minutes or so thinking Wow, had I paused at that stop sign for 1 second instead of 2 I would have slammed into that deer... Had I not accelerated at exactly the exact acceleration I did, I would have slammed into that motha' fuckin' deer!! Every moment up to that point was affecting what would have happened the split second that deer and I crossed paths. Makes one think...