Monday, July 10, 2006

Cream dream

In one month from now I'll be in Winnipeg most likely have a hangover or still drunk. Im staying with my friend and fellow blogger Kira, who is graciously letting me crash on her couch for a few days. I bought my bus tickets yesterday and now I really can't wait to start my vacation. 6 days off of work and away from everyone here; what more could I ask for? Im not really looking forward to the 18 hour bus ride (one way!) but its less expensive than driving my own car and A LOT cheaper than flying. I hope that get across the border alright. I don't have a passport but iv been told that I don't need one and that a birth certificate and a photo ID (drivers license) will be fine. But if anyone knows what documentation I need to go from the US to Canada, please let me know. This site says:
"you will need a valid passport, proof of who you are or other travel documents."
Does that mean a valid passport OR proof of who you are? Or does it mean I need a valid passport and proof of who I am? I thought that becuase the US and Canada has an open border that I didn't need a passport. You tell me...

Before I leave im going to go out and buy a new digital camera which is something iv been meaning to do for some time now. Im still not sure which one or even what brand I want to get... Oh well.

It'll be nice to go out to bars and clubs and actually be able to drink... Unlike here were even though im allowed to fight in a war I cant have any alcohol. Does that make sense? I can understand a drinking age being set at 19 so kids don't drink in highschool, but 21!?!? Who the fuck pulled that number out of their ass? I say that if I can vote in and fight for my country I should be able to DRINK IN MY FUCKING COUNTRY!!!