Friday, July 14, 2006

Did I fall or was I pushed?

Last night's dinner consisted of two things:
  1. Beer
  2. Slightly stale pretzels
I forgot to eat and "real" food. How does one forget to eat? I don't know...

Lately at work iv been "crabby", or so im told. I suppose its true. A lack of sleep combined with other little life headaches is really starting to wear me thin. The most recent incident of my new 'unfortunate-attitude' was Monday. I was working all on my own so my boss could go do other things that had a higher priority at the time. So in essence I was doing the work that under normal circumstances takes two people to do, and I was working my ass off. Anyways, my boss's wife and brother-in-law came out by me and were totally getting in my way. After a series of stupid questions and them telling ME things about how to do MY job (which iv been doing for over three years now, and they have NEVER DONE) I finally just snapped and said, "Listen, I know what im doing so just leave me alone." I was responded with "We're just trying to help." and with out thinking I said, "Yea, well you're not..." and I walked away. I felt bad I said it, but they were just really pissing me off so it was justified.
This morning in an attempt to get over this lousy mood iv been in at work I got a bit more sleep than usual and didn't let things get to me as much as usual. Also my boss's wife came out again this morning, I hadn't talked to her since my little blow up. I decided to make things a little better and said good morning to her. She got a big smile on her face and immediately started talking my ear off about this and that (this woman just loves to talk and gossip...). She never brought up the other night, but I think we're all cool now. I know I talk about my up-coming vacation here, but im hoping that it will be what I need to relax me enough to withstand the next school year of working AND going to school full time. Even the thought of it gives me a headache.