Saturday, November 24, 2007

We are the Europeans, we've brought you a cake!

This year was the first thanksgiving ever that I wasn't with my family. I had to work at one job in the afternoon and the other later that night so the drive home would have accomplished very little.

Originally my plan was to spend thanksgiving alone at my place with a can of ravioli and some dvds to keep me company, or maybe I would have made a chicken cup-o-noodles and pretended that it was just really bad turkey. Unfortunately, those plans fell through. A couple at work invited me over to there house for some real food and real alcohol. I didn't want to feel like a charity case so I made them some fucking awesome brownies, it's really the only kind I know how to make.

We sat drinking beer after beer laughing and having a great time. I couldn't think of a better way to have spent the day. Afterwards we carpooled up to work (yes, we were open on thanksgiving) and I lost my buzz. Before I left for home they gave me three big bags of leftover thanksgiving food. Turkey, potatoes mashed and baked, green beans, amazing stuffing, veggies, gravy, and to top it all off, half a pie!

I bitch about my job at the club a lot. Almost since starting there I've been talking about looking for a bar tending job closer to home, and it's made me sound like a broken recored to some. But the truth is while I may hate my job from time to time, I hold the friendships I've made there in very high regard and the only thing really stopping me from leaving and working around here is the people who I work with.