Friday, February 23, 2007

hello bed, it's me!

It was a little before nine last night when my phone rang. I hadn't planned on going to the club, I had no reason to go, no one to see, no one to dance with but unseen circumstances brought me there anyways.

My friend's truck broke down on the highway and it was my task as a friend to
'help a brotha out', and I did.

So I ended up at the club after all. I was tired and apparently red bull is really bullshit because I didn't feel energized, I didn't feel less tense, and I didn't grow any motha'fuckin' wings (the only real side affect that I hope worked).
I spent the night sitting at the bar (dry bar mind you... no alcohol) by myself. I could have danced but I wasn't up to it, plus most of the people there were kind of freaking me out. It was like they were on drugs but at the same time it was obvious that they weren't.

Nearing the end of the night a fight broke out between three guys so that was the highlight of excitement.

In order to park on campus after getting back my buddy called the cops to ensure I could park on the road over night without the risk of getting a ticket. It sounds simple enough, I could park on the 100 block of the road next to my building. Nice right? NO! the 100 block, as I found out at 2:30 this morning, is a little over a quarter mile from my building and campus in general. Nothing like a brisk (freezing fucking cold) walk at 2:30 in the AM to wake a guy up...
When I finally got in my bed and turned on some nice relaxing music (Matthew Good's Avalanche) I was dead tired.

Sleep never felt so good.