Monday, February 19, 2007

shit luck

I was the last one assigned to speak. Anxiously almost obsessively I kept staring at the clock hoping for time to run out. Unprepared doesn't even begin to sum it up, I had no idea how I was going to pull off this horrible speech. I didn't rehearse it, I didn't reread it, I just prayed for it to be over.

I got my wish. The clock ran out moments before the last of us had to get up. So now I have two more days to procrastinate and I can be equally unprepared on Wednesday.
I helped with some in house remodeling this weekend back home. There is nothing more relaxing than taking a hammer and smashing a wall to bits while rocking out to the Stills.

The Decemberists tickets came the other day and I was staring at the date thinking why does something not feel right about this. As it turns out the concert is the same weekend that I'm supposed to be in Minneapolis for some marketing club outing.

Fuck Minneapolis I'm not missing that show. The way I see it, the marketing club will be there next year but the Decemberists, well, they only come around every so often. My priorities my be a bit off but I'm 20, what the fuck do I care?