Wednesday, February 21, 2007

give them what they want

My speech went the same as all those in my past. I got up and just rambled on and on until I was out of things to say. Some people did really well and I could tell that they practiced. Myself on the other hand did not. Most people read off their note cards, I barely glanced at mine. 80% of the shit that flew out of my mouth was made up on the spot so my cards didn't really help.

I did have some positives on my side. I got up there and was funny and charming. People were laughing not at me but at what I was saying, not that my subject was at all humorous but I tend to talk without thinking and this occasionally causes me to be witty.

The speech was supposed to be between 3 and 5 minutes and I was afraid that mine would be less than 2. I didn't rehearse it so I had no idea how long it was going to be. I ended up talking and joking for nearly 6 minutes, far longer than all the others. Unfortunately going over the time limit will be against my grade.

Before heading off to class I considered drinking some of the rum left over from To Catch A Predator night so I could at least be relaxed. Had I done that it's likely that I would have been up in front of class for 15 minutes and would have ended up talking about blogging.
The weather here has finally started warm up. Even though it's only slightly above freezing people are already walking around in shorts and sandals. I'm thinking about walking around naked for a while but I'm not exactly sure what the campus policy on that. I suppose I could just go for it and find out for myself.


The walls in my building may be thick concrete but the ceiling is paper thin. It rare that I hear any noise coming from the rooms next to me but the girls in the room above mine never seem to shut up. Giggling talking yelling laughing 24/7.