Wednesday, January 10, 2007

so much beauty in dirt

I ran into like FIFTY people I went to high school with last night at walmart. Well, it was more like three, but every time it would happen I would think just keep walking, maybe they didn't see me. Not that I didn't really want to stop and say hi but interactions with old friends can just be so awkward.

So what are you doing these days...?
How's school...?
Did you hear about so-and-so...?
blah blah blah yack yack yack
yea, I'm in school...

I just don't like doing that, I'm not one for small talk.

Then there is that awkward well I'm going to walk away from you now moment where you kind of pretend to be in a rush or that you're intensely looking for something on the shelves. Each of the three times I had to be the one who broke conversation, or the lack there of, and walked away,
"See ya later man..." I wont really see them later...