Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Changes are no good

Every few months or so for the last 5 years people have been telling me that "Iv changed". Mostly these people are my friends/ex-friends and they always say it as a negative. Such as:
  • "Nate you've changed, you're an asshole now."
  • "Nate you've changed, you used to be nice."
  • "Nate you've changed, you got your hair cut... and I don't like it."
I don't see change as a bad thing. Its a necessary thing in life. If we never changed we would be dull. Of course, I change and im still always dull, but that's besides the point here. I never see the change really until its pointed out to me, and I really don't think anyone can see there own changes on their own. I used to be a shy little kid who always kept him mouth shut and did was he was told without question. Now, im an out going smart-ass who never knows when to shut up and questions anything and everything. Some see this as my being an asshole, but I don't. I see it as me not giving a fuck anymore about what other think about me. If people don't like me for who I am then that's their problem. We all change and we all must adjust not only to our own changes but to those around us who change as well.
New subject...
You know what I realized last night while walking around town? I fucking love music. Im not even sure what about I love. The instruments, the vocals, the words themselves, or the whole thing mixed together. Music is something that is impossible to get sick of. Yes sure, a person can get sick of a type of music or a certain band or whatever... but never music in general. Is there anyone in the world who doesn't like music of any sort? Music dates back fathers than anyone can guess and even in the most remote parts of the world (that are only seen on National Geographic and shit like that) you can see people banging sticks on drums, shaking things up and making some fucked up vocals. Its beautiful... Except for country music. All country music must be burned if we ever want world peace. Thing about it, when did country music start coming around? WWII area maybe or even a little before that? And look, the US (which is the only place where country music runs fucking wild), since the mass introduction of country music, has been in some sort of major conflict/s all around the world. NO COUNTRY KNOW PEACE!!