Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Carnival folk

What a night its been so far! I went out for a walk after work to take some photos and on my way back I walked by the park where our little hick town carnival is going to be this weekend. So I was walking by and I hear some music and went to check it out. There they were, nine black guy (or African Americans if you want me to be politically correct) sitting around playing craps and drinking beer. CARNIES!! With out really thinking about it I walked up and started hanging out with them. Now, where I live there isn't much diversity, there were no African Americans in my school, and very few live here, so I saw this as a chance to get... cultured.

'T': "Hey man you aint a cop are you?"

Nate: *takes a hit of his cigarette* "Do I look like a cop to you?"

'Big G' and 'T' tried teaching me craps, but I think they were cheating me out of my 2 dollars in quarters (or so one of the drunk ones tried to tell me). Yes those were their names... and here I am with a stupid little white boy name... psshh. A couple of them asked me if I had and pot or where they could get some around here, I had none.

Another white guy showed up and he must have pissed one of them off cause they almost got in a fight. I wanted too see it and get some pictures, but they made their peace... Oh well. I didn't get any pictures of my craps playing carnie experience unfortunately. I didn't just wanna whip out my camera and start taking pictures of all them.