Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Saline tea

It has been roughly 2 weeks now since I've quit smoking. It'll take a tremendous amount of willpower not to smoke when I'm out at the bars drinking but I'm confident it can be done.

Three times this weekend I was involved in confrontations at the night club I work at. I've become very adept at doing my job and dealing with unruly customers but normally they are intoxicated when I do and can't be fully to blame for the way they act. It's when I have to deal with sober customers that I get in the most trouble and cops get involved. I'm not the biggest guy working there so when I have to deal with people they think getting in my face will intimate me, but I never back down and I don't give them an inch. I started wearing a tie to work until I found out that not only does it make me look good but it also acts as a convenient noose.

January has been a good month for me. I'm happier and more relaxed than I have been in a very long time. I'm always busy or at least occupied by something or someone lately which explains my lack of blogging. It's a little more than a week until my 21st and I took a couple days off work in preparation.