Thursday, December 06, 2007

The bitters

It's the things I decided not to do that make me feel like an adult. I don't want to fall back into old bad habits, I have enough current ones.

Yesterday was my interview for the higher position at work, I believe I did alright. I would feel bad to get the job other the other two guys interviewing for the position. Both a good workers and have been there a lot longer than I have. Although I didn't slack off in the interview cause if I get the job then I'll be able to take more weekends off.

I seem to be one of the few people who isn't to concerned about finals week. I don't have any big projects or papers to write, just a few exams that I'm reasonably prepared for. One of my roommates has literally slept 8 hour in the last 4 days and is on the brink of a breakdown.

Last night I went to see Pablo Fransisco on campus. When I first heard he was coming I thought he was some sort of Spanish musician.

My mind has been cluttered and my moods sporadic lately. One minute I'm happy and at the top of the world and the next I'm totally bummed out. I'm continuously grateful for the friends I've made at my new place. Without my roommates, my neighbors and my coworkers I would spend all my time in my room watching TV and daydreaming about being away from here. I can't remember when I actually watched TV. I haven't even played world of warcraft in almost a month.

I got the newest Matthew Good album this week. I know it's not really new and that it came out over the summer but it's new to me. I've been doing what I do when I get new music, I listen to it all the time, probably for about a month, then move on to something else.

I love sound. The purity, the mechanics, the creations, then endless possibilities, all of it. Because of this I rarely walk to school (or anywhere) while listening to my iPod. There is something that is very relaxing about just listening to all the sounds that constantly surround us. Our minds have filters that tone out a lot of background noise but when want to you can peel these filters away and hear everything around you. The wind, the zipper dangling on my jacket, my footsteps, a passing car, my own breathing, etc.