Friday, April 06, 2007

soap

I learned how to sauté. It's shrimp, crab, and tomato that was beautifully sautéed and added to fettuccine alfredo. Sound good? It was. Nicole and I do a lot of cooking, which mean we do a lot of grocery shopping which also mean that I need to get a job soon so that I can afford to keep buying food to make these awesome dinners. Currently there is a homemade quiche in the oven and I'm starving!

My speech on war-torn African children went over well enough, the usual really. I got up there, ignored what I had written on my note cards, talked/rambled, and hoped that I wouldn't go over the seven minute time limit. It's a good thing I ignored my notes, on the 4th day of speeches the professor gave this big thing on how most people were going up in front of class and just reading word for word off their cards which isn't a speech. Being unprepared and not rehearsing totally helped me out.
There are a couple ducks outside of Nicole's apartment. I was quacking at them the other day in hopes of getting a response but received none. I want to catch them and start a duck farm. Who doesn't want to have a little cute baby duckling running around their apartment? I know I would. The market for ducks around here is very slim so I figure that it would be a good business investment. I'll be selling ducks some time in the near future so start placing your orders now.
The calluses on my fingers have come back so my guitar playing has increased substantially. Lloyd has surpassed my guitar abilities long ago and it's time I start catching up to him, he's good so I have a lot of work ahead of me. I used to play a lot, but when I was working and going to school full time I was too tired (lazy) to play all the time.

I'm slowing hacking away at a business plan I have to write for my business class. It feels a bit pointless these days seeing is that I'm no longer a business major, but I can't drop the class and I need a reasonable grade.

My major has gone from business to sociology with a minor in psychology. Subjects that I know I like and have past experience in. Plus, switching to this major cut a semester out of my total time in college so that's a big plus.