Wednesday, April 18, 2007

generation why

A lot has happened in this last week of me being blogger MIA.
  1. Nic head butted me in my/her/our sleep.
  2. I had a talk with the Assistant District Attorney and got Lloyd's ticket dropped at my expense.
  3. I got a job.
  4. I found out my older brother is moving far away very soon.
  5. Iv decided to cut back my smoking.
  6. I realized that I haven't been drunk in fucking months.
  7. I was impressed by my younger brother, Lloyd's, blog post.
  8. I realized I can't speak English.
  9. The people who I was supposed to be living with in the up coming month called and gave me a really shitty reason why I can't live there anymore so I might be homeless for a little while.
1) Yes, while we were both fast asleep Nicole head butted me. It took me a little time to figure out what the fuck just happened. It woke me up but she was still fast asleep. Apparently she was dreaming about hitting her head on a wall and instead of a wall she got me smack dead in the forehead. I'm sleeping with a nocturnal ninja.


2) The mutual "too fast for conditions" speeding ticket Lloyd and I got a while back were up for debate between us and the ADA. Instead of trying to get my ass out of the water, I dug myself a little deeper into a hole so Lloyd could get out of one. His ticket was dropped 100% and $100 was added to mine. Although, Lloyd owes me roughly what the ticket costs so it all balances out really.

3) I'm employed again. I got a job at a night club of all places! My buddy the DJ introduced my to the manager at the club and after talking to her for a little bit she offered me to job right off. I start tomorrow night. It doesn't sounds tough at all, keeping things at the bar stocked and just little basic stuff here and there. I get a radio and ear piece and if a fight breaks out (and they do) I have to drop what I'm doing and go help stop it... like a bouncer I guess. I'm look forward to getting in the middle of fights, sounds fun.

4) My older brother, Jake, is moving to Arizona in a couple months. I'm really excited for him, he got a transfer down and a really nice apartment in Scottsdale I believe. He's leaving in about a month after a trip to New York. But this really has nothing to do with me so I'm going to move right a long...

5) My smoking was on a steady rise and I knew it. I know it's "bad for me" but what the fuck isn't bad for someone these days? I'm not stopping, not yet anyhow, just cutting back. I'm not 100% sure why I am... I just am.

6) The last time I got nice and drunk was like two months ago. I'm in college, what the fuck?

7) Lloyd wrote a blog post that really impressed me. He put it in a 'frame' (he didn't know he did, but he did) and it was well written and here I am not blogging nearly enough while everyone around me is starting blogs and keeping up with them. Again, what the fuck?

8) I'm learning more and more that I can't speak English. I confused an exclamation point for an apostrophe the other day and Nicole had a field day laughing at me. Also, I'm verbally dyslexic and say things like "Is your car locked in your phone?" or "Think I can play sex while having a guitar?" Those are always good for a laugh...

Finally 9) This one is tough to explain. For that past four months I was under the impression that I would be living with some Engaged friends of mine and for the past four months I checked in with them periodically to make sure everything was still cool and that I would have a place to live once kicked out of the dorms at the end of the semester. I got a call Saturday afternoon and my friend gave me this INCREDIBLY lame excuse why I no longer can. It was so fucking incredibly lame what it was necessary for my to write 'incredibly' all in caps just now. It had to do with an uncle not being cool with me living here... they were both fine with it, but an objection from an uncle made it so I no longer have a place to live. They are the ones getting married, they are the ones to asked me if I wanted to stay there. Why is someone else telling them how to live their lives? No idea... grow a backbone and be your own person. And if that was all a lie because they were in fact no longer cool with the idea of me living there (and we go way back, 7+ year for all of us) then they should have just been honest with me. So now I need to find a place to live temporarily... At least I have a job now...

There, you're all caught up. I'll try to not make this a weekly thing and start blogging more often.