Tuesday, January 16, 2007

as a matter of fact

I passed out early last night. This three hour napping in the middle of the day shit was starting to get old. It's never my intent to sleep for so long, yesterday I even moved my alarm clock to the other side of the room so I would have to get out of bed to turn it off. Unfortunately, this did not work.

I got up to turn that annoying alarm noise off then fell over right back into my bed and was out like a light... a light that had been turn off really really quickly, and not one of those florescent ones where once its off there is still a little glow to it for a bit, one of the older bulbs were as soon as the power is cut, its off... yea, out like that.
A couple friends of mine moved to New York this weekend. It was the smart move on their part, life here can be a real drag. We have nothing, no theater, no real stores, no place to rent movies, we don't even have a McDonald's and those things are fucking everywhere!

Just thinking about this place is making so glad that I too am moving. It's less than two weeks now until I'm out of here for good. No more uncomfortable run-ins with people I went to school with, no more adults who aren't my employer telling me what to do, and no more small town blues that lead people to believe that I am what's known as 'emo'.
If you live in New York you may eventually see one of these two sitting on the side of the road playing the guitar with a hat in front of them collecting the pocket-change of strangers; or possibly even a small club/cafe that has an open mic such as the photo above shows. If you do see them it would probably be best to throw some food in the hat or maybe even cigarettes would do. Just don't spit on them or call them hobos... unless they do something to deserve it of course.