Friday, August 04, 2006

I'm not bitter

I went to the bank and got my Canada cash today. They have fun looking colorful money. The US green cash is boring...I took a bit of a stand at work this morning.

I was told two days ago that I would have Sunday morning off. This was great fucking news for me because as it turns out there is going to be quite a large 'social gathering' Saturday night that I want to go to. Parties around here never are very big or elaborate... But this one is supposed to be fucking huge.

One of those parties that everyone remember for one reason or another.

One of those parties that I didn't know about until a week after if happened.

but not this time. I was called about it by the person throwing the 'get together'. AND I had the next morning off. Not to mention that Ill be home alone because my parents are going on vacation... I couldn't ask for a better set up.

anyways, at work this morning my boss's wife comes out and says that the guy who was coming in Sunday morning wants to come in tomorrow (Saturday morning) instead...

I gave her a very audible sigh and, against my better judgment, said 'sure'...

Now im the kind of guy that people like to walk over because im a nice guy. Im the guy people will call for a ride home from a party when they are drunk because they know I wasn't invited in the first place so im likely able to drive. assholes.

This happens a lot (not the driving assholes thing, but the work thing). Any time I have a morning off and make plans I always get fucked out of it and end up having to work.

now that I think about it, I haven't had a full day, a 24 hour period, off of work in 4 months. And im not just exaggerating. The last time was when I was working part time back in March.

so im sick of being everyone's little bitch; with people at work, people at home, friends who aren't really friends, ex-girlfriends, etc. im done being walked all over and I started this morning.

Not long after I told my boss's wife that I would come in Sunday I caught up with her and put my cards on the table (figuratively).

"Come to think of it, NO im not coming in Sunday. I was told that I would be having Sunday morning off. This has happened more times than I can count. If the other guy says he'll be coming in then that's that. It's not my problem if he cant or doesn't want to. I was told I would have Sunday off and I made plans, plans im not going to cancel just because he changed his mind about when he wants to come in."

I said that and my point was made so I walked away. Im not their bitch anymore...