Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Easy/Lucky/Free

I hate small talk in the morning (and in general, but mostly in the morning). I get to work and there are a couple people who just love to make small talk with me. And its always very obvious observations that I answer with as little as possible then walk away:

"It's wet outside today." - "yea..."
"Supposed to be nice out today." - "oh..."
"You glad school is over?" - "yes..."

There are times where its clear that im all done with work and some idiot goes "You all done with work?" I just sneer and think "NO YOU FUCKING IDIOT IM JUST STARTING!" but usually I just bit my tongue and say nothing. Today there was a guy at work who had to run some tests on our output and he asked what I do now that its the summer and im out of school:

Nate: "...umm I work."
Guy: "You have another job???"
Nate: "No! THIS is my job! I put in full-time hours HERE!"
Guy: "Oh."
*Nate's head explodes*

Then there are those people who feel the need to watch me work. This is so goddamn annoying I just wanna punch them! I here doing my fucking job and I have some douche bag watching every move I fucking make. I know that im handsome and that I should be used to being gawked at; but to watch me that closely is just uncomfortable.