Monday, November 27, 2006

Speak truth

I thought that id bring back some nekkidness...

The whole
Half Nekkid Thursday thing wasn't really working for me seeing is that my post are becoming further apart

There isn't much guarantee that I'll have time to post on Thursdays so my nekkidness will have to come at random.

Currently I'm a bit stressed out. I have to give a presentation Thursday and I'm no where near prepared for it. on the other hand, I do some of my best work under stress and things tend to work out.
The presentation I'm going it on a South African man Abubacar Sultan.
Here is something that he said in an interview, something that I will be reading as a part of my presentation.
"One particular seven-year-old boy who had been kidnapped changed my life. When I arrived at this orphanage, he was completely withdrawn from the world. He would be calm one day and cry continuously the next. Finally he started speaking. He said he was living with his family, when a group of rebel soldiers woke him up at night, beat him, and forced him to set fire to the hut where his parents were living. And when his family tried to escape from the hut, they were shot in front of him and then cut into pieces. I will never forget his feelings, because I kind of went inside him and he shared with me the worst moments of his life. The images, the bad images I had from my childhood of small things that hurt me, all came alive. And sometimes I tried to put myself into his position and tried to live his experience. His was just one story among many others."
(source: speaktruth.org)