Friday, May 12, 2006

I should be studying for my psych final at 3:30; but bloggings are more fun.

Iv been amazed by all the people from my past that I have been coming across in the last couple of weeks. About two weeks ago I was in Walmart buying DVDs; I walk past an aisle, look over, and there I see this girl I went to high school with (she dropped out of school her junior year when she had a kid). She looked at me and said 'hi', all I did was smile and kept walking... I don't know why. Then about a week later I was coming out of a store when someone from very very far into my past walked by. Someone I hadn't seen in person in over 11 years yet was able to recognize. She was a girl who I was in second grade with before I moved away. I would have stopped to say hi but the chances of her remember who I am was slim. Im an easily forgotten person who never seems to forget.

Last night was my most recent run in with an old friend. I hadn't seen this girl in almost a year, and in some ways we were close back in the day. So I decided to talk to her. I was surprised to find out that she had recently spent some time in what she called a "mental health facility". This girl had always been really out there and liked to have a good time, but never really seems happy. All those good times she had were only a temporary fix of happiness, and when it was gone she was worse off than before. She ended up trying to do that stupid thing that some really really depressed/unhappy people do thinking that it was a way out... Fortunately she failed and was checked into the facility. The one word she used to describe it was "intense". But now she tells me that she's made lots of changes in her life and that she's gotten back on track. I just hope she stays on it...

ugh... now it's time to study...